Are you aware of the increased appetite in the market for fast food delivery insurance? Firstly, between February 2020 and February 2021, the size of the UK fast food delivery market by customer spending rose by a staggering 128%! Secondly, 76% of those surveyed in Britain admitted to ordering fast food delivery at least once a week. Finally, over half those between 18-34 years old preferred to order their fast food via third-party apps.
As a specialist underwriter of niche and non-standard motor insurance, we at Granite Underwriting understand the growing market trend. Fast food delivery demand has increased dramatically, particularly during lockdown, and it shows no sign of slowing down. With this mind, we have looked at the benefits of offering fast food delivery insurance as a broker.
Which companies do we cover under fast food delivery insurance?
With our fast food delivery insurance product, your customers can insure their own vehicles to make deliveries. This includes deliveries for the most successful, top 3 fast food delivery companies in the UK. These consist of:
- Uber Eats Launched in 2014, this leading food delivery platform saw a 30% rise in new customers during 2020 due to lockdown. Uber eats are now valued at £22.7 billion and occupy 27% of the market share by customer spend.
- Just Eat With a 45% market share by customer spend, Just Eat was recently valued at £14.1 billion. This meant the company surpassed previous industry giants such as Rolls-Royce and British Telecom.
- Deliveroo Founded in 2013 Deliveroo works with thousands of chain and independent restaurants to provide a truly unique dining experience. It currently has 26% of the market share by customer spend.*
Why so many people want to become fast food delivery drivers
Unquestionably, fast food delivery insurance is essential for anyone considering this as a career or extra source of income. It can be a great opportunity for those willing to put in the hours, who have good people skills, and are committed to providing a first-rate delivery experience. Other positive considerations for potential drivers include:
- Multiple food delivery apps to provide delivery for – with a wide variety of apps to choose from drivers will be spoilt for choice. Drivers can even work for more than one at a time further increasing their earning potential.
- Instant pay, with increased income during boost hours – most companies now offer drivers same-day payment, such as Uber’s Instant Cashout, and a greater rate of pay during peak times meaning fast food delivery really pays off.
- Flexible working hours, with added employee incentives – with no set schedule to adhere to fast food delivery is ideal for those looking to be their own boss. This works well for students, parents, or anyone wanting to squeeze in some extra earnings at their leisure.
In short, if you work during peak times and accept the minimum number of jobs this can be a potentially rewarding income stream.
Why choose Granite Underwriting for fast food delivery insurance?
Importantly, if drivers are using their own car to deliver fast food, they need a fast food insurance policy. Thankfully, our multidrop, unlimited radius Fast Food policy provides cover for Courier and Private Cars for drivers above age 21.
Above all, we offer flexible cover and look to compete in areas that are not well supported by traditional insurers.
Take advantage of this tasty opportunity!
We like to provide the level of service that we would expect to receive ourselves. This means our services include:
- Flexible Underwriting – a dedicated and experienced team who underwrite each risk
- Fast Turnaround – We are available 9:00 am to 7:00 pm Monday to Friday, and 9:00 am to 3:00 pm Saturday
- Online Portal – for easy risk submission and issuing cover
- Reliability – providing a consistent approach to underwriting and rating
- Net Rated quotations – most of our schemes are Net Rated and allow you to control and maximise your earnings
* All figures correct at time of writing 12/01/2022
** Terms and Conditions Apply, please see the website for details
This article includes links to third party websites and apps which are included solely for information purposes. There is no implied endorsement by use of these resources. Clicking on links, visiting third party websites, or downloading apps may allow third parties to collect or share data about you which is out of our control. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit. We are not responsible for the availability, content, accuracy, completeness, or security of such resources. We will not be liable for direct or indirect damages arising out of or in connection with the use of websites or apps.