Granite Underwriting: 10+ Years of Experience in Short-Term Impound Insurance
Having a vehicle impounded can be a stressful experience. Not only will the driver have to deal with the cost of getting their vehicle out of impound, but they may also have to find a way to get around without it. If your customer doesn’t have short-term impound insurance, they may be forced to pay storage fees and other charges until they can find a more suitable solution.
That is where Granite Underwriting comes in. Granite Underwriting is a specialist insurer that provides short-term impound insurance for drivers in the UK. This type of insurance is designed to help your customers release their vehicle from police impound without breaking the bank.
What is Short-Term Impound insurance?
Impound insurance can also save your customers money by avoiding expensive storage fees. The longer their car stays in impound, the more fees they will have to pay. These fees can range from £20 to £40 per day, depending on where their car is stored. They should be aware that they may also have to cover the cost of the initial towing fee and other penalty payments, for illegally parked vehicles etc.
Impound insurance can save your customers time and money when they need to get their car back from impound. Without impound insurance, they may have to wait for days or weeks to get their car back, depending on how long it takes them to find suitable insurance coverage. This can be very inconvenient, especially when they rely on their car for work or personal use.
Reasons why people get caught without insurance
There are many reasons why people might be caught without motor insurance in the UK. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Forgetting to renew their insurance policy. This is the most common reason why people are caught without insurance. It is super easy to forget to renew your policy, especially if you have a demanding lifestyle.
- Not being able to afford insurance. The cost of motor insurance has been rising in recent years, and coupled with the recent cost of living crisis it can be out of reach for some people.
- Unable to secure competitive insurance. Some people may have difficulty getting insurance because of their driving history or other factors.
It is vital to remember that driving without insurance is a serious offense. If caught, they could face several serious consequences including:
- A fixed penalty of £300
- Six penalty points on their licence
- If the case goes to court, they could get an unlimited fine and be disqualified from driving.
Why Choose Granite Underwriting for Short-Term Impound Insurance?
There are many reasons to choose Granite Underwriting for Short-Term Impound insurance. Here are just a few:
- We have over 10 years’ experience in the industry.
- We understand the challenges that come with having a vehicle impounded.
- We offer a 30-day policy that can be issued the same day.
- Our policy provides third-party coverage, to release a vehicle from the Impound and same-day issuance of insurance documents.
- We offer a stop-gap solution, while your customer finds a longer-term policy.
Granite Underwriting’s mission is to provide drivers with the peace of mind they need when their vehicle is impounded. We believe that everyone deserves access to affordable insurance, and we commit to provide excellent customer service.
Granite Underwriting is committed to the following values:
- Affordability: Granite Underwriting offers affordable insurance policies that fit the needs of different drivers.
- Excellent customer service: Granite Underwriting is committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Transparency: Granite Underwriting is committed to transparency. The company provides clear and concise information about its policies and procedures.
Our 30-day restart policy scheme will allow your customer to recover their car or van from the Impound, whilst giving you the time to arrange an annual policy to suit their needs.
You can obtain your quote via our online portal
Please click the following link to visit our short term private car agent portal.
Or call 0345 092 0701 for your quote – choosing options 1, 1
This article includes links to third party websites and apps which we include solely for information purposes. There is no implied endorsement by the use of these resources. Clicking on links, visiting third-party websites, or downloading apps may allow third parties to collect or share data about you which is out of our control. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit. We are not responsible for the availability, content, accuracy, completeness, or security of such resources. We will not be liable for direct or indirect damages arising out of or in connection with the use of websites or apps.